When Does Registration For 2017 Open?
- Online Open Registration is available March 15 through May 31.
- Late registration is available from June 1 through June 20.
- Limited Registration is available June 22 through August 15 and is based on space availability by age group.
- Online registration is also available at our In-Person Registration Events, for those families that do not have access to online services at home. Three events are held each spring and are announced on March 1st each year.
What Is The Age Limit To Register For Recreation Soccer?
- 4 ½ - 18 yrs of age.
Is Financial Assistance available?
- Yes, financial assistance applications are available at our In-Person Registration events each year. The deadline for applying is May 15.
What Is The Refund Policy?
- Refunds of the Recreation Fall Program Registration fees less a $50 cancellation fee are available from March 15 – June 30th.
- July 1st - August 15th, Recreation Fall Program Registration Fee Refunds will be 50% of the fee paid.
- Except for season ending medical or relocation requests, fees are not refundable after August 15, 2017.
- Refunds for reasons of friend requests or carpooling accommodations will not be made at any time.
- Camps and all other NYSA programs - fees are not refundable and not transferable. Your registration is a commitment to participate.
- Further questions regarding our refund policy OR if you would like to request a refund application, please contact our league treasurer.
Calendar of Events
When does the season begin and end?
- The season “officially” begins August 19, with Opening Day festivities.
- The season closes for Kindergarten – 2nd Grade, the 3rd weekend of October, but MAY extend to the last weekend in October, if there are any cancellations due to rain.
- The season closes for 3rd/4th grade teams, the last week of October. Regular season games conclude the 3rd weekend of October. The end of the season tournament takes place the last weekend of October. If there are cancellations due to rain, the tournament may extend into November.
- The season closes for 5th-6th grade – High School teams, the 3rd weekend of October. The end of the season tournament takes place the last weekend of October and into November. It may extend into the 2nd weekend of November, should there be cancellations due to rain.
Are There Other League Sponsored Events To Participate In? YES!
- NYSA Opening Day – August 19. Each year, Novato Youth Soccer Association celebrates opening day with its parade march around San Marin High School track. Your team coach will review details of this event, approximately two weeks prior to opening day festivities.
- NYSA Night with the San Francisco Delta’s! August 26
- NYSA Team Photo Days – August 26 or September 9. More information will be available, once the season begins.
- Recreation Academies – dates to be announced!
- A calendar of events and more information is available on the Event Calendar, found on the homepage of our website.
When do practices begin?
- Practice officially begin the week of August 7th. Your coach will notify you of the scheduled practice days and time.
Where will practices take place?
- Kindergarten and 1st grade - Lynwood Elementary School
- 2nd Grade – San Ramon OR Loma Verde Elementary Schools
- 3rd/4th Grade – Lu Sutton and Hamilton Elementary Schools
- 5TH/6TH Grade through High School – Hill Recreation Area
What day and time will my child’s team practice
- Choosing a practice day and time is at the discretion of the coach. Practices will take place between 4:00 – 7:00 for 1 hour (4-5:00, 5-6:00 or 6-7:00) on either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday.
Can I request a specific day/time for my practice?
- Unfortunately, no. With over 1100 participants in the fall program, it would be physically impossible to address individual scheduling needs for everyone.
When Do Games Begin?
- The weekend of August 19th/20th for 2nd - 3rd/4th grade. Kindergarten and 1st grade begin the weekend of August 26th/27th.
- After Labor Day for the 5th/6th grade through High School teams.
When And Where Are The Games Played?
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade games – Lynwood Elementary School. There are 10 Games in the season which are played predominately on Saturdays with a few Sunday game exceptions.
- 2nd Grade games – Loma Verde Elementary School. There are 10 Games in the season which are played predominately on Saturdays with a few Sunday games exceptions.
- 3rd/4th Grade games – Boys play at Hamilton Elementary School, Girls play at Lu Sutton Elementary School. There are 9 games to the regular season play, with another 1 - 3 games included for the final tournament. Games are played on Saturdays with a few Sunday game exceptions.
- 5th/6th Grade – High School teams participate within the Marin Interleague Soccer Alliance. Games will be played on fields all throughout Marin County. For more information regarding the Marin Interleague, please visit their website at: www.misasoccer.org.
When Will The Game Schedule Be Posted?
- Kindergarten through 3rd/4th Grade teams will be posted on the NYSA website by August 7.
- 5th/6th Grade -through High School games will be posted on the MISA website after Labor Day.
When Will I hear From My Coach
- You can expect to hear from your coach around the 1st of August
Who Do I Contact If I Want To Coach
- Contact NYSA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Do I Wear To Practice And Games?
- Game Uniform - All players are required to wear the official NYSA uniform for all league games. The uniform consists of a reversible NYSA jersey, shorts and socks. Shin guards and soccer cleats are also required.
- Practice Attire – Players may wear comfortable clothing (shorts and t-shirt) to practice. However, shin guards and soccer are required for practice as well as games.
Where Do I Purchase A Uniform?
- Uniforms are available at:
All Season Soccer
1215 Grant Avenue in downtown Novato
How Much Is A Uniform?
- A uniform package consists of a reversible jersey, shorts and socks and is available for $36.50. Replacement pieces may also be purchased separately.
- An equipment package that includes soccer cleats, shin guards and a ball is available for $42.99.
Can I Wear Baseball Cleats Or Sneakers to games and practices?
- No. Sneakers and baseball cleats are not allowed on the field. Baseball cleats have an additional spike on the toe of the shoe, which can be very dangerous to others. Sneakers do not offer the traction, or support of a soccer cleat, which in turn can cause additional injuries during play.
What Do I Bring To Practice?
- Shin guards, soccer cleats, soccer ball and water bottle.
What Do I Bring to Games?
- NYSA uniform (reversible jersey, shorts, socks), soccer cleats, shin guards, soccer ball and water bottle.