Positive Coaching Alliance is a national non-profit developing “Better Athletes, Better People” by working to provide all youth and high school athletes a positive, character-building youth sports experience.
Since its 1998 launch at Stanford University by Founder and CEO Jim Thompson, PCA has impacted more than 5 million youth athletes. PCA reaches youth and high school sport leaders, coaches, athletes, parents, and officials through partnerships with schools and youth sports organizations nationwide that comprise live workshops, online courses, Thompson's books, e-communications, and a free resource center PCA Development Zone .
At the center of our work are three models:
- The Double-Goal Coach®, who strives to win while also pursuing the more-important goal of life lessons through sports;
- The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing; and
- The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport on three levels by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole.
Our allies include a National Advisory Board of top athletes, coaches, academicians and business leaders; prominent national youth sports organizations; and corporations and foundations that support our work as we expand our roster of local PCA Chapters across the U.S.
We invite you to subscribe to Momentum, PCA's free bi-weekly e-newsletter with the latest PCA news, views, videos, tips, tools, information and inspiration for coaches, athletes, parents, and youth sports leaders. Each issue includes:
- A Feature Story - on the most important recent PCA activity, a leader in the PCA Movement, or a current event or issue of interest to those involved in youth sports
- PCA Impact Update - the latest news on how we're meeting our mission
- Ask PCA - where our community asks and answers youth sports questions, you get to share your own insight, and expert PCA Trainers provide advice
- PCA News & Features - PCA media coverage, program updates, and new product releases.
PCA VIDEO LIBRARY:
- Your Coaching Phylosophy......... Click HERE to view
- Right After A Competition........ Click HERE to view
- The Meaning Of Triple-Impact Competitor ..... Click HERE to view